Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Beauty Fix: My Secret Weapon for Getting Rid of Blemishes

At some point or another in your life, you're going to get a blemish (or zit or pimple or whatever else you call them). No matter how old you are, it still sucks. I have a secret weapon that I use against these blemishes that works for me 99% of the time! (Disclaimer: I am not a doctor nor do I have acne, this is for the occasional blemish that pops up on my face and is all my own opinion).
Zapzyt Blemish Cream
I bought my first tube of Zapzyt when I was in high school. I was never someone who got bad acne, just the occasional blemish here and there. But these blemishes always made me feel awful. I think for me it was the fact that I had nice skin and then just one giant blemish somewhere on my face. If I had them all over it would be one thing but it drove me crazy to have just one or two and covering them up always made my skin look even worse. So I went on the hunt to find a spot treatment that worked quickly. To be honest, when I first saw Zapzyt I thought the name was so silly and it was so inexpensive that there was no way it could possibly work. After trying a few other products, I finally decided to give Zapzyt a try and I'm so glad I did! This is my go-to spot treatment and has been for years because it actually does what I need it to do.

Zapzyt calls this a treatment gel but I would consider it more of a cream texture. This treatment goes on white but dries clear on your skin. The active ingredient in it is 10% Benzoyl Peroxide which is apparently what my skin prefers to Salicylic Acid. While Salicylic Acid is great at keeping your skin from getting red and preventing inflammation, I prefer Benzoyl Peroxide as it actually kills the bacteria instead of just slowing the growth of it. I think this is why the Benzoyl Peroxide works so quickly at getting rid of my blemishes.

I use this product morning and night right after washing my face. Benzoyl Peroxide can be very drying so the best tip I can give you is to use a very small amount and only apply it to the blemish, making sure not to get it on the skin surrounding. Since Benzoyl Peroxide can also bleach fabrics, you may want to apply with a Q-tip to make sure you don't get any of this product on your hands, towels or clothes. In my experience, if I apply Zapzyt to my blemishes at night, they are practically gone by morning!

I usually purchase my Zapzyt at the drugstore and it's right around $5.00 which is amazing since the tube lasts forever! This is a product that I always have on hand because you never know when a pesky blemish is going to surface!

Have you ever tried Zapzyt? What do you use for your blemishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!